VPNroom.com team reviewed many VPN providers. As you know (or not), many people use VPN applications to stream their favorite Netflix shows. In this guide, we will quickly brief you on how to unblock the American (or any other) Netflix library while using NordVPN.
VPN helps to unblock geo-restricted content as Netflix libraries really vary depending on the region you are based in. Another reason why people are using VPN to stream Netflix is the pricing – with the help of a VPN it is possible to get Netflix subscription cheaper. Here is a perfect example.
Many VPN providers claim to work with Netflix and any other streaming platform (such as Hulu, HBO, Disney+, etc.), however, only a few of them really do the job. After our research, we found out that NordVPN is the best option for Netflix and here is a guide on how to unblock any Netflix library available:
- First of all, get yourself a Netflix subscription if you don’t own one yet. Register with your personal details and pay for the subscription. As mentioned above, you can register cheaper by changing your location with a VPN (this is only valid for new Netflix users). The cheapest location in 2020 is Turkey.
- Go to nordvpn.com and get yourself a NordVPN subscription. It does not matter which plan you choose – 1 month, 1 year, 2 or 3 years. The service does not have any limitations depending on your subscription plan.
- Once you got the subscription, download and install the NordVPN client app depending on your operating system/device. NordVPN offers a variety of available apps for Windows, iOs, macOS, Android, and other operating systems.
- Sign-in into your NordVPN account and connect to any US server (this guide is based on how to watch the American Netflix, but if you are interested in other libraries such as Japanese, feel free to choose any country you like).
- Open your Netflix account, sit back and enjoy the newly unblocked library.
How well does NordVPN work with Netflix?
Being honest, there are no VPN providers that work with Netflix all the time. This is because of a simple reason – Netflix is constantly blacklisting various VPN provider IP addresses, so providers such as NordVPN have to constantly update their available servers in order to allow users to stream Netflix.
One of the reasons why we recommend to stream Netflix with NordVPN is that we found this provider extremely fast. You can enjoy all the available quality formats that are:
– Standard Quality (480p)
– HD (720p)
– Ultra HD (1080p)
Some VPN providers also unblock American/Japanese or any other Netflix libraries, however, they have some serious problems with streaming speeds.
With the help of NordVPN and its extremely good server infrastructure and quality of the service, you are able to enjoy all Netflix libraries around the World.
NordVPN is compatible with a huge variety of operating systems and devices: Windows (from Windows 7 and up), macOS, iOs, Android and Linux. While connected to NordVPN, you can use Double VPN or Onion over VPN features. Onion over VPN gives you all the advantages of The Onion Router combined with the extra security of a VPN tunnel. Double VPN simply means that your internet connection and history goes through two different servers. However, if you are willing to use “Double VPN” feature you will not be able to watch any preferred content – it will simply lag.
Huge variety of servers and countries (5800+ servers in 60 countries)
Kill switch feature
No data logging at all
P2P (torrenting) is allowed
Unblocks Netflix US as well as other major streaming platforms
24/7 customer support (in English, German and French)
30-day money-back guarantee
Option to pay in BTC, ETH, TRX
Discounts are for longer subscriptions only
Has a limited amount of allowed simultaneous connections
NordVPN pricing starts from $3.49 a month for a 3-Y plan. We think that the pricing is truly decent for quality service like NordVPN.