Netflix subscription price
Netflix is an on-demand streaming service that offers a huge variety of the most popular TV shows, movies, and other video content. The principle is simple – users pay a fixed monthly fee and can enjoy this service without any limitations. Also, users who have a premium Netflix plan can download a TV show or a movie and watch it offline. Way more convenient than TV, right? Is it worth it? What is Netflix price?
For those who don’t know, Netflix costs more in some geographical regions than others because Netflix (as well as some other subscription-based services) uses geographical pricing. Comparitech’s journalist Rebecca Moody already wrote about which countries pay the most for Netflix, but our team wanted to investigate this and provide some tips on how to save on your Netflix subscription. For example, the price in Turkey for the basic plan is more than three times cheaper than in the UK, meaning up to 66% can be saved buying the service from the cheaper region.
This extends to content libraries, some regions having access to vast content libraries, while others have limited content due to Netflix’s geographical restrictions. The United Kingdom is leading with a total library size of 6,122, while Germany in comparison has only 4,339, and Finland only 3,674. Some of the users show their dissatisfaction, as such popular TV shows like Twin Peaks and The Office are unavailable in most regions but available to United States watchers.
How to watch Netflix with a VPN
So, we already found out about Netflix price and its different pricing policies depending on the region, but how can you, as a user, change that? The easiest workaround is by using a VPN service.
VPN allows the user to change his or her IP address, which is linked initially to the user’s geographical location. This way, streaming services like Netflix can identify where the user is coming from and offer regional subscription prices and content libraries. By changing the IP address to a different country in the VPN App, the user can get that country’s cheaper subscription cost. Also, users can unlock bigger Netflix libraries, so if you’re in Finland you can almost double your libraries when connected to the US server. VPN is also useful when traveling or living abroad to gain access to the native Netflix library, which is no longer available to the user because of the changed geographical location.
As there are many VPN providers in the market, you may ask what to look for when picking a VPN for Netflix streaming. Here are the main criterias:
- High server speeds that support HD stream (NordVPN, ExpressVPN, Surfshark);
- A vast number of servers to choose from in different geographical locations;
- Good customer support, as Netflix and such streaming platforms like Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO frequently bans VPN IP addresses, 24/7 live customer support will assist in finding servers that work.
Our main recommendation for Netflix VPN is NordVPN, which offers 5400+ servers in 59 countries, a lot of them being in the US to unlock vast US Netflix libraries. Cutting-edge NordLynx protocol ensures the speeds are enough to support HD streams. And a 24/7 live-chat customer support team is there to help with any streaming issues. NordVPN works well with major streaming service providers, including Netflix.
Also, if you are not willing to get a NordVPN subscription, there are two great alternatives – Surfshark (which is the cheapest and the best value VPN for Netflix) and ExpressVPN, which is expensive but has decent speeds and allows you to stream in HD. Even with a paid VPN subscription, the overall cost will be lower than the regular Netflix price in some of the regions.
You can also check our best VPN for Netflix comparison table.
Oh, and here’s the list of countries that have the cheapest Netflix prices:
1) Brazil: Total library size 4286, cost per month for a basic plan – $3.99
2) South Africa: Total library size 5424, cost per month for a basic plan – $5.76
3) India: Total library size 5497, cost per month for a basic plan – $6.67
4) Canada: Total library size 5998, cost per month for a basic plan – $7.59
5) Australia: Total library size 5655, cost per month for a basic plan – $7.22
6) United Kingdom: Total library size 6122, cost per month for a basic plan – $7.90
7) Mexico: Total library size 4591, cost per month for a basic plan – $6.30
8) Philippines: Total library size 5507, cost per month for a basic plan – $7.59
9) Malaysia: Total library size 5679, cost per month for a basic plan – $8.39
10) Hungary: Total library size 5725, cost per month for a basic plan – $8.49